Understand the appropriate use of Complementary and Integrative Medicine
The focus of this service is centered on general issues of good health and wellness. Through workshops, seminars, and lectures, helpful and practical information will be presented on how individuals can maximize healthy and productive lives through proper medical advice, diet, and the adoption of health life habits.
Information is presented on how to support doctor-supervised medical treatment through a better understanding of the doctor-patient relationship and by using the proper nutritional and lifestyle support systems.
Corporate workshops can be tailored to meet the specific needs of this unique population. Among the greatest threat to wellness is stress and its effect on good health. These varied presentations will provide participants with thorough insight and understanding of the body: how it works and functions and how what happens in life can cause diseases and illnesses. Armed with this information, participants will be better equipped to enjoy healthier and more productive lives while successfully pursuing life goals.
Throughout the presentations, audiences will gain specific insight into some very relevant concerns about health. Among them:
- Cancer Prevention
- Smoking Cessation
- Diet and Disease
- Understanding Medications
- Approaches to Weight Loss
- Living Longer and Healthier
- Stress Management
- Doctor-Patient Relationships
- Herbs, Vitamins, and Supplements
- Health Disparities
- Cultural Competency in Medicine and Healthcare
- Informed Consent and Clinical Trials
- End of Life Issues
- Race and Medicine
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Historical Perspective on African Americans and Health
- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Health
Lecture, Seminar, and Workshop Topics
- Health And The African American Community
- Understanding Your Body
- Immune Disorders
- Cancer, The Immune System, And Diet
- Complementary Medicine: The Future Of Health Care
- Natural Healing With Herbs And Supplements
- Stress Management And Health
- Dietary Hazards
- Women’s Health Issues
- Men’s Health Issues
- Detoxification And Cleansing Of The Body
- Drug And Alcohol Addiction And Abuse
- Compliance With Prescription Medicines
- Corporate Wellness
- Health And Wellness In The Workplace
- The Politics And Business Of Health
- Building Healthy Relationships With Your Doctor
- Raising Healthy Children Naturally
- Each of the workshops can be up to eight hours in length.
- Workshops will be structured as PowerPoint and/or flip chart presentations, depending on client preference and facility capability.
- The topical content of this presentation will be tailored to meet the specific concerns and interests of the client.